Friday, August 15, 2014

ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder in shades Ivory and Light Beige-Review & Swatches


Hey guys! So I've been looking for a product that I can use for when my skin starts getting shiny and oily towards the end of the day. I needed something small and portable that I could just throw in my purse and apply on the go. These ELF Clarifying Pressed Powders seem to do the trick! It claims to "Treat and prevent skin imperfections with key active ingredients formulated for problematic skin. Proven skin clarifiers absorb oil on contact to create a beautiful matte 
finish." 

It's formulated with 1% salicylic acid, which is proven to help treat and prevent acne. I'm not so sure that this powder is effective in treating or preventing acne, but it hasn't caused any crazy breakouts. I don't suffer from extreme acne but I am constantly getting breakouts and my skin is acne-prone, so making sure a product doesn't break me out is important to me. 


It comes with a cotton pad so you don't have to take your brushes with you on the go, however it isn't the best quality and I prefer using a brush if I can. It applies nicely and provides light coverage while absorbing oil on contact, restoring the matte finish my makeup gave me earlier in the day.

Light Beige on left, Ivory on right

I chose the colors Ivory and Light Beige, Ivory is closest to my skin tone but I also picked up Light Beige because I'm getting a bit of a tan during these summer months and I can use it to darken my lighter powders if needed. Below I swatched them on my hand so you can see how the colors look on my skin. If you order them online, the pictures of the shades seem to be lighter than they actually are. This wasn't a huge issue for me but I'd buy them in-store or look up swatches to find the best shade for your skin tone to prevent getting something too light or too dark.

Ivory on top, Light Beige on bottom

While this worked well to absorb the oils on my face, I found the powder exacerbated any flakes or dry areas on my skin. However, most powders will do this if you have any dry spots, so that's something to be weary of. Also, don't get too much product on the pad because if you over-apply you'll end up with a powder face, and if you don't have tissues on you, you'll be stuck trying to wipe your face with the inside of your shirt. It's easy to over-apply using the pad which is why I prefer a brush.

Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase. And the best part is- THEY'RE ONLY 1 DOLLAR!!!
With the pricing, I find it really hard to complain about this product. It's super affordable and if you're not satisfied with it, it's only a dollar down the drain. (Not that wasting even a penny is fun!)
I bought mine on the EyesLipsFace website, but you can find them in your local Target as well in 7 different shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment