Thursday, August 7, 2014

Reviews: Be Delectable Hand Cream in Vanilla & Cream/Candies Body Lotions in Vanilla Bon Bon and Cotton Candy

After some shopping at Kohls I managed to rack up 20$ In Kohls Cash, and for those of you who are unfamiliar with this amazing currency, you basically get 10$ for every 50$ you spend at Kohls, which you can spend at a later time to get money off your next purchase! I make sure to take advantage of this, even if it means I buy stuff I don't need just to use up some free cash. Not only do I have an addiction to lipbalms, but I'm also very dependent on lotions. Yay for dry skin! So I recently used up my 20$ in kohls cash to try out some new lotions. 
I picked up Be Delectable Hand Cream in Vanilla & Cream. It was 5.50 for a 2 oz bottle, more than I would typically spend for the amount I'm getting. 


Upon opening it, I immediately noticed the smell.  It didn't smell as rich and vanilla-like as I expected it to, but smelt light and pleasant like sugar cookies. The formula has a thick consistency which I love in a hand cream, but not as thick as I prefer. Rubbing it in it feels a little watery and even using a little takes forever to rub in. Once absorbed, my hands felt nice and hydrated for awhile- but not long after my hands already felt like they were dry again. This might not be the case for those who don't have dry skin, so if you're looking for a nice hand lotion that will make your hands smell pleasant and just add a bit of moisture- I'd reccomend this. It does smell delectable and is slightly moisturizing, so it's not a purchase I regret. As a plus, it has awesome skin-loving ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera. However, as far as hand lotions I'm gonna have to stick to my heavy duty hand creams. (Expect to see a review on my favorite hand creams pretty soon!)



I also purchased some body lotions! Candies body lotions in the scents Vanilla Bon Bon and Cotton Candy. If you can't tell, I love sweet scents. If smells good enough to eat, I want it. That's how it is with these 2 scents. Vanilla Bon Bon has a soft vanilla cream scent and Cotton Candy smells like a mixture of vanilla and caramel with a fruity hint to it, not like most artificial cotton candy scents. The texture is pretty watery and it's not the most moisturizing, but I kind of expected that and mostly made the purchase for something that smells good. 



Both of these are sweet-smelling scents that I love, and the packaging adorable. They pair really well with gourmand perfumes and are kinda tempting to eat with a spoon (though I would not recommend eating body lotion!) You can currently pick up these 8.4 fl oz bottles for only 3.60 each!! Also available in scents Strawberry Crème, Sparkling Pear, and Sugarplum Blossom!



No comments:

Post a Comment